Website WUNC FM
WUNC FM North Carolina Public Radio
WUNC Human Resources Consultant
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, Chapel Hill
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring a Human Resources Consultant
WUNC Radio provides quality news, information and entertainment programming to a broad listening audience that includes North Carolina, the United States and the world. WUNC serves North Carolina from Greensboro to the Outer Banks through a network of seven stations, with a weekly listenership of 300,000 listeners.
This position will report to WUNC’s Director of Finance. The Human Resources Consultant will be based in Chapel Hill while serving as the key liaison between WUNC employees (>70) in Chapel Hill, Durham, and various remote/offsite locations. This is a dedicated human resources position which ensures all of the station’s HR requirements and initiatives are met and aligned with all business objectives while creating a supportive work environment.
The HR Consultant serves as a primary contact for all human resources topics, initiatives, systems, tactics and procedures across the station. This involves providing sound advice to WUNC’s senior management, managers, and staff on a broad range of HR matters in job design, recruitment, employee relations, EEO considerations, policy compensation, benefits, health and safety, performance management, training & development and talent management using HR principles, policies, and best practices, while also working closely with campus’ Office of Human Resources (OHR).
In addition to providing HR policy and procedures guidance, this position will provide training and disseminate information to all staff via electronic communications and scheduled presentations to keep them abreast of HR policies and procedures of general interest or changes to processes which may affect them and/or have impending deadlines.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
· Knowledge of and proven experience in administering HR principles, functions, methods and best practices
· Experience in working with a large and complex organizational structure
· Demonstrated experience working with a diverse staff
· Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in maintaining confidentiality in a trust position
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, staff employees, senior leadership and university partners
· Proficient skills with MS Office, HR systems (with finance, HR and payroll components), time and attendance system and other basic presentation software to utilize computer technology
· Excellent active listening, analytical, negotiation and presentation skills
Demonstrated experience in a position of trust
· Must have strong time and project management skills to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
· Ability to modify processes using contemporary applicable technology, web-based data systems and programs
· Progressive experience and responsibility in attaining, analyzing and manipulating data to provide complex surveys and reports and make appropriate recommendations based on findings
· Knowledge of current approaches to address issues of inclusion, access, and equity
· Ability to handle multiple complex, confidential and sensitive HR issues
· Knowledge of best practices for assessing training needs and developing and delivering training content
· Attention to detail and analytical thinking
· Demonstrated experience supporting DEI initiatives
· Experience with EEO and other HR-related reporting requirements
· Experience in a medium to large public radio setting
· BS/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; MS/MA in human resources will be a plus
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and two years of progressively responsible professional human resources management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
Interested applicants must apply at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/246861
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume and cover letter. The deadline to apply is 01/16/2023.
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. WUNC-FM is committed to anti-racism, diversity, and to building an inclusive organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org