Website WUNC FM
WUNC FM North Carolina Public Radio
Assistant Chief Engineer
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, Chapel Hill
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring an Assistant Chief Engineer.
The Assistant Chief Engineer will aid in maintaining and improving the transmission, quality, and reliability of our 10 licensed signals and 14 broadcast studios. This includes 9 transmitter locations, our principal studios in Chapel Hill and Durham and three remote studio locations in Greensboro and Raleigh. Responsibilities include quality of signal for the entire signal path from studios to over-the-air plus digital streams. Assistance with buildings & facilities are included in this position, including emergency generators, HVAC systems, roofing, plumbing, locks, and security. This position reports to the Director of IT/Engineering under Direction of the Chief Engineer and works with a team of technical co-workers and contractors to create, maintain, and repair broadcast and audio systems.
The candidate should be able demonstrate a working knowledge of:
- Best Practices for:
- Facility wiring, grounding and equipment interconnect.
- RF and High Voltage Safety.
- Network security.
- Electronic mathematics and formulas:
- Arithmetic, geometry, and algebra.
- Ohm’s Law, VSWR, Impedance.
- Electronic theory.
- Skills should include:
- Electronic troubleshooting.
- Reading and understanding electronic schematic diagrams.
- Audio, rf and network wiring and termination.
- Use of test and monitoring equipment including:
- Multimeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power meters
Preferred candidates will have:
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and six (6) years progressive experience in the maintenance and repair of radio production, broadcasting, computer, and transmitter systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FCC General Class License and/or SBE Certification preferred.
- FCC Compliance knowledge.
- Communication and Documentation skills.
- Project Management Skills.
Interested applicants must apply at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/234051
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current CV or resume and cover letter, you may also attach a link to work with a description of your involvement. The deadline to apply is 8/5/2022
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com