Website WUNC FM
WUNC FM North Carolina Public Radio
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring a Weekend Host/Reporter based in Chapel Hill.
This position is responsible for live hosting on weekends. This position serves as a back-up host for weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings as needed. This position also is responsible for general assignment reporting as part of WUNC’s Daily News Team and reports to the Daily News Editor.
The Weekend Host/Reporter typically hosts live from 7am to 1pm on Saturday and Sunday. They will operate the board and prepare and deliver local newscasts and other local content.
General assignment reporting includes quick turnaround spot news, interviews, reporter debriefings, digital reports, and occasional well-researched feature reports.
WUNC is one of the more well-resourced public radio stations in the country. It is headquartered in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) of North Carolina. The Triangle is often rated among the top areas to live in the country. The ocean and mountains are just a few hours away.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
The Weekend Host/Reporter will be an experienced journalist with strong reporting, production, and communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field, with a master’s degree preferred
- At least three years of experience as a journalist and/or radio host, preferably in a public radio newsroom
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Creativity and initiative Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines, working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues effectively and collaboratively
- A familiarity with North Carolina
- Experience with public radio or related not-for-profit fundraising preferred
Interested applicants must apply at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/255974.
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current CV, cover letter, and links to their journalism and/or hosting. The deadline to apply is 6/1/2023.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit unc.peopleadmin.com.