ProPublica is seeking a creative and strategic individual to join its development team in the new role of manager of donor engagement.
The manager of donor engagement will work with development colleagues to build and implement an engagement strategy that communicates the breadth of ProPublica’s work and impact to current and prospective donors. This person needs to deeply understand, and be able to communicate, ProPublica’s journalism, as well as its mission and impact to potential and current donors. The manager of donor engagement will be charged with creating dynamic written materials and developing a library of these materials for future use. This person will also manage donor questions and feedback, collaborate on virtual and in-person events and track the effectiveness of outreach efforts.
This position will join a growing team responsible for raising over $40 million a year in philanthropic support. The manager of donor engagement will report to the senior director of membership.
- Develop and implement a donor engagement strategy that helps build a sense of community among donors and increases awareness and understanding of ProPublica’s mission among donors and prospects.
- Write and design cultivation and stewardship materials for email and print that highlight ProPublica’s work and impact; partner with frontline fundraisers to develop bespoke communications for high-level donors and prospects.
- Maintain a library of up-to-date and approved language for external communication with donors and prospects.
- Develop a review and approval process for written materials.
- Develop donor acknowledgment templates that can be customized for use across donor segments.
- In partnership with development and communications colleagues, plan and execute donor events including online virtual events, virtual and in-person donor briefings and high-level cultivation dinners. Provide support with all aspects of the event including invitations, talking points and scripts for leadership, day-of logistics and follow-up opportunities after events.
- Assist frontline fundraisers in developing strategies for outreach to prospective donors.
- Identify and implement best practices for tracking donor engagement.
- Be the front line for donor services, including email and phone queries.
- At least 3 years of relevant fundraising, marketing or communications experience. Prior experience in membership or annual fund is a plus.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM database.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively across teams and time zones and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
This job is full-time and includes benefits. ProPublica is based in New York, but we have offices across the country and will consider remote applicants. Candidates located in Chicago or New York City are strongly encouraged to apply. One or more days per week of in-office work may be required. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
The expected salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000.
This is a good faith estimate of what we expect to pay for this position. The final salary figure will take into account a person’s experience, accomplishment and location. ProPublica is committed to paying its staff equitably, and these ranges should not be considered career salary limits or caps.
We will begin reviewing applications as we receive them, but we will continue to consider candidates as long as the posting remains live on our site.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.