1. Independently pitching, scripting, editing, and publishing regular short-form video across
platforms; supervising edits of the same; producing to timely deadlines and the highest
2. Providing support and quality control for multimedia production across a variety of
3. Producing reporters and editors for on-screen performances;
4. Partnering with the Deputy Editor and team to prioritize stories, set the weekly video
agenda, and manage team workflow;
5. Performing related work as assigned by the Deputy Editor.
Five years of newsroom or equivalent experience creating video journalism, including
independently managing workflow for other producers.
1. Technical: professional-grade Adobe Creative Cloud prowess, including the ability to
problem-solve and learn autonomously;
2. Journalistic: an unrelenting attention to detail and deep commitment to journalistic
3. Storytelling: a sense for how viral daily news moments will drive audience engagement;
an ability to venture into the unknown and adapt to fast-changing newsroom priorities;
4. Project management: staying on top of multiple projects at once, planning backwards,
and anticipating obstacles; ease working within a small team collaborating with a wide
variety of personalities across a newsroom that has been re-wired for remote work;
excellent verbal and written communication skills; a sense of humor is always a plus.
In addition to sending a résumé and short introductory cover letter, please send 3 examples of
visual journalism, or a reel showing off your work. If possible, offer a variety of formats on
different platforms. Email your submission to email@example.com, addressed to James
West, Deputy Editor, with “Digital Producer” as the subject line.
Competitive salary details are available upon inquiry.
Please submit by Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org