The Ida B. Wells Society for Investigative Reporting Fellowship Program
The Ida B. Wells Society for Investigative Reporting Fellowship Program is a yearlong, intensive, no-cost training program that will bring fellows to New York City to learn in-depth investigative reporting techniques from some of the most accomplished journalists in the field.
The program is anticipated to begin in late 2019.
- Must have three years of professional news reporting experience.
- The program is open to all print, broadcast, online and multimedia journalists.
- Must be able to participate in 4-6 weeklong trainings in New York City.
- Freelancers can apply, but they must have a news organization willing to write a supportive statement and publish their work.
What a participant’s news organization agrees to do if their employee is selected:
- Provide support and guidance to the participant as they take part in the program and develop a project.
- Publish the project.
- Allow participants to continue to earn their salaries while taking part in the six weeklong trainings in NYC without incurring vacation penalties. The trainings will be scattered throughout the year.
Applications will open later in 2019 – subscribe to our newsletter for alerts.
in partnership with