The Ida B. Wells Society for Investigative Reporting Fellowship Program
The Ida B. Wells Society for Investigative Reporting Fellowship Program is a yearlong, intensive, no-cost training program that will bring fellows to New York City to learn in-depth investigative reporting techniques from some of the most accomplished journalists in the field.
The program is anticipated to begin in late 2019.
- Must have three years of professional news reporting experience.
- The program is open to all print, broadcast, online and multi-media journalists.
- Must be able to participate in 4-6, weeklong trainings in NYC.
- Freelancers can apply, but they must have a news organization willing to write a supportive statement and publish their work.
What a participant’s news organization agrees to do if their employee is selected:
- Provide support and guidance to the participant as they take part in the program and develop a project.
- Publish the project.
- Allow participants to continue to earn their salaries while taking part in the six week-long trainings in NYC without incurring vacation penalties. The trainings will be scattered throughout the year.
Applications will open later in 2019 – subscribe to our newsletter for alerts.
in partnership with